A prize of $250 will be awarded to the best oral and poster presentation in EACH of the following three categories: Ph.D. candidates, Master’s candidates, and Undergraduates. A second place award of $150 will be made in any category having four or more entries. Any category with only one entry will be combined with another category. Each student who enters will receive a certificate of participation and the Conference Proceedings containing the abstracts of all participants. Certificates and awards will be presented after judging is completed.
1) Student must submit an abstract (single-spaced, Times 12-point font, maximum of one-page) describing the research. The abstract will be included in the Conference Proceedings as written. The abstract should contain the following sections:
2) Student’s advisor must verify that the student’s research was carried on during the past two years at one of the kinds of institutions mentioned above and use the “Advisor Verification Survey” to indicate student’s research role. A link to this survey will be sent to each advisor after registration and payment are received.
3) For oral presentations, each student will have 11-minutes to present and 3 minutes for questions. Bring a flash drive to the conference with PowerPoint or Keynote slides.
4) For poster presentations, each student will be required to stand by their poster and discuss their research throughout a 1-hour open poster session for all conference attendees. During this time, each poster will also be evaluated by several judges.
5) Each student must select a preferred style of presentation (i.e. oral versus poster) but based on the number of submissions, and in an effort to adjourn the day at a reasonable time, we may ask students to switch to a different style on a first-come, first-served basis.
For information about abstracts, advisor forms, or presentations: email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please address all e-mails in the subject line with: Last Name of student, First initial, and a one-word description of the document (e.g. Smith, J. Advisor Forms)
April 2: Student presenter registration (Please register http://www.sigmagwis.org/events/spring-conference/ and pay online with credit card). Your registration will be confirmed when we receive both the form and payment.
April 2: Research abstract submissions for oral or poster presentations. All abstract submissions will be performed online. Please submit abstracts on our website, under spring conference: Abstract Submission.
April 4: Non-presenter attendee registration for non-presenters (must be done using our website).